The world is on coronavirus lockdown. We’re all in this together now. And now there’s been a new report by the Imperial London College that warns us that 2.2 million Americans and 510,000 Britons could die if we don’t take more drastic measures than we already are.*
Currently, we’re doing what’s called mitigation: isolating the sick and those to whom they are linked, and promote social distancing for those who are at rick. But, according to the report, this is not enough.
The report suggests we employ suppression, which will “will minimally require a combination of social distancing of the entire population, home isolation of cases and household quarantine of their family members.”* And closing schools. For 18 months.*
China and South Korea have successfully suppressed the outbreak using similarly extreme measures. However, that doesn’t mean the effects will be long-term. That part, we can’t tell yet.
Right now, the US is advising people to stop traveling, stay out of bars and restaurants, and gather in groups of 10 or fewer.
Many states have mandated the closures of schools, restaurants, bars, and recreational facilities and/or limited capacity to 200 or fewer. Other countries have taken similar measures. Ireland, for example, has shut down St. Patrick’s day.
What this means for you:
We’re not sharing this news with you to scare you. There’s enough unnecessary fear-tactics in the media. The reason we’re sharing is to equip you with what you need to get through this.
Here’s what we advise: Whatever the government is going to decide, don’t wait for the mandate. Use common sense and take precautions now while you’re in charge. Here are a few things you can do right now to lower your risk and prevent the spread in your community:
- Practice social distancing – stay six feet from people, and don’t gather in groups of more than 10
- Stay out of restaurants and bars and recreational facilities
- Wash your hands with soap and water after everything you touch (shopping carts, faucets, etc)
- Don’t travel at all
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19
- If you think you’re sick, seek medial treatment early and stay home
- If you’re sick, tell those you’ve been in contact with within the last 14 days
- If you need to cough, do so away from others and into your elbow
If you have any questions or concerns, let us know in the comments. We’ll read every comment.
Find out how this coronavirus lockdown will effect the economy.
Learn more about what you can do to prevent COVID-19 illness
- Was the 2020 Presidential Election RIGGED?
- Meticore Supplement Review – the Truth About Meticore
- TRUMP’S EXECUTIVE ORDER – Second Stimulus Package Update
- 5 Best Wrinkle Creams on the Market – For Any Budget
- Don’t Buy Collagen Cream – Learn How to Get Collagen to Work